I've worked on data science projects for several years, both independently and for clients. Here are a few of the clients I've done work for:
- BanditIM, a web scraping company.
- Jo Lindsay Walton, a science fiction writer.
- AchieveMint, a health company.
Here are some example data projects that I have worked on:
- The Domain Name Market
- Progress in Social Science
- Over-optimism in Forecasting
- A Connection Between Graph Theory and Linear Algebra
- Quitting Decisions in Sports
I have worked on other projects whose data is confidential. These include the following:
- A/B testing and data analysis for an insurance firm
- Analysis of consumer financial data
You might also be interested in R Bloggers.